Pakistan Secures Important Victories in Tennis and Shooting at Asian Games 2023
Pakistan had a good day at the Asian Games 2023 on Sunday, securing important victories in tennis and shooting.
- GM Bashir finished eighth in the men’s 10m air pistol qualification round, scoring 282 points. He needs to finish in the top six to advance to the finals.
- Ushna Sohail defeated Tajikistan’s Sumaya Tukhtaeva 6-2, 6-3 in the women’s singles.
- Sarah Ibrahim defeated Qatar’s Hind Almudahka 6-2, 6(5)-7, 6-3 in the women’s singles.
- The Pakistani duo of Sarah Ibrahim and Aqeel Khan defeated Mongolia’s Anand Gankhuyag and Khatansuikh Batbayar 6-0, 6-1 in the mixed doubles.
- Aqdas Ullah Qadeer lost to Nepal’s Bahadur Prem Limbu in the first round of the men’s taekwondo.
- Naila lost to Japan’s Yuiko Niwa in the quarter-final of the women’s taekwondo.
- Mohammad Amaan Siddiqui and Mohammad Ahmed Durrani failed to qualify for the next round of the men’s 200m individual medley swimming event.
Overall, it was a mixed day for Pakistan at the Asian Games 2023. The country secured important victories in tennis and shooting, but there were also setbacks in taekwondo and swimming.